Who We Are
JWB Real Estate Capital is not your average real estate company. JWB is staying one step ahead by revolutionizing the industry and providing a one stop shop for all things real estate. Since 2006, JWB has continued to make a difference in the lives of every individual we encounter. With these fundamentals at the forefront of every business decision JWB focuses on providing the best experiences for our clients, staff, vendors, and residents.
JWB’s field staff provides the coachability, knowledge and acumen required to manage the day-to-day field operations of renovation projects that JWB undertakes. JWB’s field staff are responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standard’s set forth in the project documents, plans, and established company standards; for performing the work in a timely and cost-effective manner and for maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. Moreover, JWB’s field staff are the forward face of JWB and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner. The primary focus of JWB’s field staff is to provide the managerial and leadership skills necessary to accomplish the work by means of subcontractors and to manage the day-today issues of a small self-performed workforce. From time to time the coordinator will be expected to perform certain minor physical tasks to facilitate the timely completion of projects such as but not limited to installing smoke detectors, door locksets, light bulbs, adjusting doors and windows, minor paint touch ups, caulking, etc., as needed.
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met
- Creating short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the project documentation that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practices standards
- Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third party survey and layout personnel when appropriate
- Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.plumb, level, straight, etc)
- Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all company standards and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving JWB internal staff, managers, and subcontractors.
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget
- Managing changes in project scope to ensure that the most contemporary project documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework
- Administering contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreement to ensure that the scope, terms and conditions are consistently and proactively being met
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, Property management, HR, etc.
- Directing and managing the work loads of supporting staff to include training, mentoring and follow up; and participating in and encouraging staff to seek out life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- College Degree Preferred (Minimum 2 years); High School Diploma Required
- A demonstrated willingness to learn and comprehend construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of residential single and multi-family homes.
- The ability to effectively communicate both in the English written and spoken word
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and ability to learn/use other software used in the construction industry
- Ability to multitask and handle a fluctuating volume of work efficiently
- Ability to perform some minor physical tasks such as lifting 25 lbs., ability to move safely over uneven terrain, crouching, kneeling, climbing ladders, etc.
Think you’re a good fit for this position? Complete the form below to submit your application.