Who We Are Looking For
The Manager of Development will oversee JWB’s land development projects. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer, but operates with a high level of autonomy to include managing the Department with oversight of land acquisition, project management, land entitlement/development, new initiatives and personnel. The Development Department handles major investments from inception through construction. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in a related industry, operating on an executive level. Candidates should have a well-established network of industry contacts and vendors.
Preference given to candidates with more than seven years of relevant experience.
- Manage the Development Department to include staff, budgets, acquisitions, construction, outside vendors, visioning and strategic partnerships.
- Oversee negotiations, due diligence, purchasing, closings and all related responsibilities pertaining to the acquisition of property that aligns with the Department’s objectives
- Oversee entitlements, engineering, permitting, horizontal and some vertical construction as needed for the projects acquired by the Department
- Oversee the negotiations, contracts, and liquidation of the land projects to local and national builders, private equity firms, build to rent platforms, etc.
- Developing and updating pro forma statements and evaluating the financial implications of potential acquisitions along with underwriting as needed
- Collaborate and coordinate with JWB’s Leadership Team to cultivate and carry out the Department’s objectives
- Utilize Salesforce as CRM to update all project notes, files, dates, budgets, etc.
Working hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The candidate is expected to meet the needs of the role as they see fit.
Think you’re a good fit for this position? Complete the form below to submit your application.