Who We Are
JWB Real Estate Capital, started in 2006, is recognized as one of the fastest growing private companies in Northeast Florida and real estate companies nationally. JWB facilitates passive investments within the real estate asset class for clients locally, nationally and internationally.
JWB Real Estate Companies is a privately held company that has been around for 15+ years operating in Northeast Florida. We are a fully integrated real estate company seeking an operational accounting manager with experience managing close to $200m in revenue. Our company has various operating verticals which the new operational accounting manager would play a vital part in supporting; these include buying, selling, and developing real estate, private and institutional lending, and property management. This position is responsible for operational accounting responsibilities for the JWB family of companies, analyzing accounting transactions monthly, and reconciling accounts. This position will require excellent organization, strong accounting knowledge, and time management to successfully manage all the moving parts. We are seeking a bold and authentic leader who can drive consistent, timely and accurate results in a fast paced and growing environment. If you are seeking a professional environment where you desire the ability to have a direct impact on the success of a growing and maturing company, we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do
- Direct and coordinate operational accounting functions (general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial close) on a day-to-day basis, including management of staff accountants and clerks, including period end close activities
- Manage accounts payable/accounts receivable processes, including allocations of costs across entities
- Assess current accounting operating process and techniques to identify and implement opportunities to create efficiencies and effectiveness, with a focus on ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place
- Reviews and prepares journal entries for significant and/or unique transactions
- Communicate with company CPA to organize annual tax returns.
- Annually file 1099s for all required owners, vendors, and sub-contractors.
- Hiring, training, and retaining accounting staff
- BS/BA degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related discipline MBA a plus
- Strong experience in (preferred: real estate) accounting with ability to efficiently multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change
- Preferable, more than 3 years of progressive financial accounting experience, including 1-2 years as a supervisor of a team and/or department
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, G-Suite, and Salesforce (preferred)
- Experience in understanding Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and transactions to ensure compliance
- High degree of confidentiality, maturity and discretion is required
This role is expected to work from the office the majority of the time, meeting off-site as needed. Variation in work schedule may be required on occasion for special projects and impending deadlines, but the candidate will typically work more than 40 hours per week.
Covered base health plan for individual teammate through FL Blue
100% dental coverage through Humana
Ownership PTO (eligible after 6 months)
9 paid holidays
Matching program to your charity of choice
Gym membership reimbursement
401K matching (4.5%) program through John Hancock
Free lunches daily
Volunteer & team-building events throughout the year
Personal & professional development opportunities
Relaxed business causal work environment
Think you’re a good fit for this position? Complete the form below to submit your application.